California Divorce Consulting
Many North County San Diego residents are frustrated by the process of attempting to represent themselves through the divorce process. According to the state of California, more than 80% of the divorces filed with the state are “pro se” – meaning, the parties represent themselves. Usually, the parties are attempting to get things done as quickly as possible and in a cost-effective manner. Most divorcing couples have heard horror stories of expensive litigated divorces, and they don’t want attorneys to drive wedges between them and add significant expense to their divorce.
At Andrew P. Johnson, APC, we offer thorough divorce and family law consulting to clients in Vista and the surrounding area. What this means is that you will get a flat, hourly rate to discuss the exact services you need for your divorce. Our lawyers will help you have the confidence to move forward.
Our Services Support DIY Divorce
As you move forward with your divorce, you want to make sure that you’ve done everything to prepare for it, especially if you’re trying to save costs and use “self-service” divorce options. We offer our “pro se” service, which is designed to help you understand your options. You can turn to us for such services as:
- Consulting: Bring the paperwork you have prepared so far and sit down with our certified family law specialist, who can quickly and effectively evaluate where things stand and what you need to do to complete the process on your own.
- Paralegal services: Regardless of whether your paperwork is fairly complete or simply a rough sketch, our attorneys can help efficiently put together the appropriate paperwork necessary to address all issues in your divorce. You can approach your court date with the confidence that your paperwork is accurate and complete and captures the actual agreements you have reached with your former spouse.
- Preparation for court hearings: Our offices are conveniently located directly across the street from the North County Superior Court complex. Our attorneys will sit down with you before important hearings and before your final appearance and prepare you for the proceedings. Imagine the confidence and peace of mind you will have walking into court knowing what to expect, how to behave, how to manage unexpected developments and how to effectively present your position.
- Blended legal representation: You can retain our lawyers to represent you only when you absolutely need them. For example, they will represent you in a contentious child custody or property division negotiation, mediation or court hearing. You can depend on the experience and sound counsel at Andrew P. Johnson, APC, to represent your interests and efficiently achieve your objectives.
- Full legal representation: If at some point your spouse gets an attorney or you are served with divorce papers, you may need full legal divorce or family law representation. Our attorneys provide responsive, attentive and expert legal services to help you complete your divorce or manage your family law matter in a prompt and reasonable manner.
Our lawyers are here to help you at any point of your divorce or family law legal matter.
We Are Here For You
Whether you want to manage the process yourself and just need a little guidance and support along the way or you require the full representation of an experienced and proven California Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS), our team will tailor the right services to meet your requirements and budget.